Saturday, June 2, 2007

Saturday, Dinner Break

Poker is a wild game. For the first 2 hours of this tournament Stewman and I were getting spanked on both cheeks. We had plans to play solid, ultra-tight poker. So much for that plan. We both found ourselves making plays at pots within the first hour. Anyway, we got ourselves short-chipped, then grew our stacks back before the first break.

But luck is a fickle thing, and unfortunately Stew busted out by the next break. I hope he gets to post the story. Meanwhile, I managed to catch the perfect situation and flop trips when our table's big stack paired his king.

It's dinner break time, and I've managed to grow my chips to over $20,000. Believe it or not, that puts me near the top of the food chain for this tourney. I was table captain for awhile, but a bigger stack joined us right before the break. Anyway, I'm keeping myself in contention. OK, gotta eat. Play resumes at 9pm tonight, and continues until 2am. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: