Sunday, May 27, 2007

Fear and Loathing Starts Now

Stewdog and I have decided to haul some of our recent poker winnings to Vegas and take our chances at a World Series of Poker tournament. We won't be playing the $10,000 buy-in Main Event, but a smaller $1,500 No Limit tourney.

See, there are 50+ events that make up the WSOP, and this is one of them. Last player standing still gets a coveted bracelet. And if my estimates are on, there could be a $2 million dollar payday for the winner. I'm thinkin' we'll see 4,000 to 6,000 entrants for our event. Which means chances of Stewdog or me cashing are pretty slim. But he seems confident about our final table potential. I think that's a good thing.

Please stay tuned for live updates (I set up mobile blogging, so look out for paparazzi goodness from my cameraphone), or join me at the Rio if you get a chance. I'm leaving for Vegas on Friday June 1st. The tourney runs from June 2nd through the 4th. I'll be on a plane back to Oaktown on the 5th. I'm starting to get nervous.

2 comments:

Mike Daniel said...

ihdiohts.

nope.

ALLBALLES said...

How are you going to forget to mention that you have a mini support group heading out there. Thats cool for now, but when you do that victory speach on ESPN. I better hear a shout out to AllBalles.